05 September, 2012

Photo Finish

While I was busy uploading photos from the Kursk game, the Solo November poll closed.


Talk about making things up as I go along - despite the Cold War option taking an early lead, the Special Ops caught up in the last few days: both finished on 13 votes apiece!

Napoleon vs. Austria, Mob vs. Marines and Battle of Saipan were all in joint 3rd place with 5 votes each.

So I guess that means that I'm just going to have to play two solo campaigns this year...For the Cold War gone Hot campaign I already have something sketched out - using some scenarios from Programmed Wargames Scenarios by Charles Stewart Grant.

For Special Operations I'm going to put on my thinking cap, either something based on The Revenge of the 47 Ronin or maybe even use the Raid on St. Michel. If you have any preferences or other ideas, please leave a comment below.
Anyway, I noticed as I went to add this that I've reached post #300! That means a State of the Union is imminent and maybe even a competition from my devoted following.

4 comments:

  1. Hey, we should rig tied polls here more often, it gets good results...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds as though your gonna be very bust, and well done on the 300 posts!!! That's a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, at the risk of being helpful, you could do some Cold War Spec Ops stuff. A Spetznas raid on an Alaskan oil pipeline, commandos extract a VIP from Soviet-controlled Berlin, sabotage of a radar station in Iceland, that kind of thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helpful...*pffth*
      What have you done with the real Mr.E?
      It would be a politicians solution though: cram both options into a coalition leaving both sets of voters equally disatisfied!
      Really though, it's an infrastructure problem - I've no proper modern buildings in 1/72

      Delete

More like this